Where can it go on the golf course? Operation Pollinator seed mixtures How much will it cost? Guidelines for Operation Pollinator establishment Guidelines for Operation Pollinator annual management Operation Pollinator and Sites of Special Scientific Interest STRI trials results Operation Pollinator Programme product information
STRI trial results
Rescue is a highly selective herbicide that will reduce invasive coarse Ryegrass, but leave fine Fescue grass species unaffected. Trials have also shown reduction of some other coarse grass species, including Yorkshire Fog.
As a result, its use in Operation Pollinator establishment and management opens up the sward, reduces competition from aggressive coarse grass species and provides space for wildflowers to establish. At the same time, desirable fescue and other fine grass species can proliferate to create a visually appealing soft definition to tiger rough and out of play areas.
Rescue is also extensively used on other areas of the course to reduce coarse grass weeds and enhance turf quality and playability, including:
- Greens and surrounds to improve surface smoothness and reduce Ryegrass spread
- Fairways to improve visual appearance and playability
- Rough areas to thin out coarse grasses to make ball location easier and improve playing conditions.
Primo Maxx is the world’s leading plant growth regulator (PGR) for turf. Its use in Operation Pollinator establishment suppresses growth and reduces competition from existing grass species, to enable the sown wildflowers to establish strongly.
Primo Maxx is also extensively used on other areas of the course as part of an Integrated Turf Management (ITM) programme, to reduce the frequency, time and cost spent cutting grass, improve turf health, enhance turf quality and improve the playability of all playing surfaces, including:
- Greens and surrounds to improve turf density and surface smoothness
- Tees to enhance wear tolerance and recovery from play
- Fairways to reduce mowing frequency, clippings and costs
- Roughs to improve playability
- Over seeding programmes to improve establishment and surface quality recovery
Extensive environmental testing has proven both Rescue and Primo Maxx have no effect on the wildflower species and have:
Passed: Risk assessments of safety to non-target species
Passed: Risk assessments of safety to soil micro-organisms
Passed: Risk assessments of safety to insects and earthworms
Passed: Risk assessments of safety to operators
For more information visit www.greencast.co.uk